|Главная » Файлы » Ұстаздарға көмек » Английский Язык|
Literary club theme: william shakespeare – immortal poet of nature 9 class
|Literary club |
Theme: William Shakespeare – Immortal Poet of Nature
Внеклассное мероприятие по английскому языку для учащихся 9 классов
1. Развитие навыков говорения, аудирования в процессе творческого общения учеников друг с другом и с учителем на основе изученной темы.
2. Создание творческой атмосферы в группе.
3.Развить интерес учащихся к культурному наследию Великобритании, расширить кругозор по теме.
Форма урока: литературный клуб
Наглядность: текст о Шекспире (история его друга, (textbook Afanasyeva VI), пьесы В.Шекспира на русском и английском языках, аудиозапись –“The actors come to town” (from the book “William Shakespeare”), портрет поэта, картины мест, где он жил, работал.
Teacher: Good afternoon everybody! The meeting of our club is dedicated to the greatest playwright in world literature: William Shakespeare. I hope that all of you will take an active part in it. Listen to some facts of William Shakespeare’s biography and the time when he lived and worked.
Pupil 1: The name of William Shakespeare is known all over the world. The last half of the 16 th and the beginning of the 17 th centuries are known as the Golden Age of English literature. It was the time of the English Renaissance and sometimes it is called “The Age of Shakespeare”.
Pupil 2: People often call Shakespeare “Our national bard”, “The immortal Poet of Nature” or “The Great Unknown”.
Pupil 1: he was born on April 23, 1564 in Stratford –upon –Avon. His mother was the daughter of a farmer. His father was a glove –maker. William went to a grammar school on Stratford and had quite a good education. There he learned to love reading.
Pupil 2:When he was 18 years old, William married Anne Hathaway, who was 9 years older than William. They had a daughter Susanna and twins – a son Hamnet (not Hamlet) and a daughter Judith.
Pupil 1: In 1587 Shakespeare went to work in London, leaving Anne and the children at home. We don’t know exactly why he did it. In London Shakespeare began to act and write plays. Most of his plays were performed in the New Globe Theatre. He became an important member of a well-known acting company.
Pupil 2: In 1613 he stopped writing and went to live in Stratford where he died in 1616, on April 23. Four hundred years later his plays are still acted – not only in England but in the whole world.
Pupil 1: Shakespeare wrote 37 plays, 154 sonnets, 2 poems.
III. Teacher: Thank you. Now say if it is true or false.
1.Shakespeare was born in the 16 th century. (true)
2.Shakespeare’s father was a clock – maker (false).
Give the right answer. (He was a glove – maker).
3.William was poorly educated. (false) he was good educated.
4.William had twin daughters. (false) He had twins –a son and a daughter + 1 son.
5.In 1587 Shakespeare went to work in London. (true)
6.William wrote plays for the new Globe theatre. (true)
7.William never acted on stage. (false) He acted on the stage.
8. Shakespeare wrote 37 plays, 154 sonnets, 2 poems. (true)
9. Shakespeare lived in Stratford the last 3 years of his life. (true)
1. Plays by Shakespeare are acted only in Britain. (false) Plays by Shakespeare are acted in the whole world.
IV. Now take your place at the lingophone -desks. Put the head –phones on. Listen to the story. It is told by will Shakespeare’s friend, Toby. “The actor come to town”.
V. Teacher: read the last part of the text beginning with the words “The Queen’s Men came to Stratford in June” in reported speech.
VI. Teacher: Thank you for your answers. I see that you know reported speech and Shakespeare’s life rather well. As you know, in London Shakespeare became an actor of the Globe theatre and began to write plays for it. He wrote tragedies, comedies and historical plays. I’m sure that you know them well. So your next task is to divide his plays into tragedies and comedies. (Each group receives 12 cards where the names of Shakespeare’s plays are written. The cards are mixed.) Translate them. Don’t forget.
1. 1593 “The Comedy of Errors” “Комедия ошибок”
2. 1596 “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” “Сон в летнюю ночь”
2. 1597 “The Merchant of Venice” “Венецианский купец”
3. 1600 “As you like it” Как вам это нравится”
4. 1600 “Twelfth Night” “Двенадцатая ночь”
5. 1603 “All’s Well That Ends Well” “Все хорошо, что хорошо кончается”
1. 1595 “Romeo and Juliet” “Ромео и Джульетта”
2. 1599 “Julius Caesar” “Юлий Цезарь”
3. 1601 “Hamlet” “Гамлет”
3. 1604 “Othello” “Отелло”
4. 1606 “King Lear” “Король Лир”
5. 1606 “Macbeth” “Маквет”
Now listen to an extract from the famous play “Hamlet”
To be, or not to be, that is the question: -
Whether ‘tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune:
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing, end them?
To die -- to sleep -- To sleep!
Быть или не быть – таков вопрос-
Что благородней духом – покоряться
Пращам и стрелам яростной судьбы
Иль, ополчась на море смут, сразить их
Противоборством? Умереть, уснуть –
И только- и сказать, что сном кончаешь
Тоску и тысячу природных мук,
Наследье плоти, - как такой развязки
Не жаждать? Умереть, уснуть, - Уснуть!
VII. Teacher: “to be, or not to be- that is the question”. This quotation is known to everybody, but there are a lot of other famous quotations and interesting expressions from Shakespeare’s plays. Translate some of them:
1. The beginning of the end. Начало конца.
2. The whirling of time. Превратности судьбы.
3. There’s the rub. Вот в чем загвоздка.
4.All is well that ends well. Все хорошо, что хорошо кончается.
2. Life is not all cakes and ale. Жизнь прожить – не поле ререйти.
3. Brevity is the soul of wit. Краткость – сестра таланта.
4. Sweets to the sweet. Прекрасное – прекрасной.
Thank you for your answer.
We’ll see who knows Shakespeare and his plays best of all.
1. When was Shakespeare born? (On April 23, 1564)
2. When did he die? (On April 23, 1616)
3. Who was his wife? (Anne Hathaway, farmer’s daughter)
4. Where is the Globe Theatre? (in London)
1. How many plays (sonnets) did Shakespeare write? (37 plays, 154 sonnets, 2 poems)
2. When did he spend his last year of life? (In Stratford)
3. Who were the most romantic and tragic lovers? (“Romeo and Juliet”)
The meeting of our club is over. Thank you for taking an active part in it. Good –bye!
|Просмотров: 439 | Загрузок: 0 ||
|Всего комментариев: 0|